Thursday, July 7, 2022

Gabacho in Dallas, Part Two of Two Parts

Markwildyr.com, Post #219

 Image Courtesy of dreamstime.com:


 Last time, we found Gabacho working at the Galloping Mustang south of the SMU campus in Dallas. His girlfriend’s been called home by her mother’s illness, so he has an apartment to himself with the rent paid until the end of the month. That’s when he figures he’ll take to the road again on Slick, his flea-bitten gray gelding.

 A cute young man who seems to be waiting for someone in the bar for hours provokes his curiosity, and he strikes up a conversation. When the kid’s “date” shows up, he’s snarky and threatening. So Gabacho puts his hand in. Let’s see what happens.

 

* * * *

GABACHO IN DALLAS

“Don’t bite off more than you can chew.” Brod’s words were surly, but I saw his gaze sweep my biceps and my bare chest and knew there wasn’t any muscle behind them. He licked his dry lips and turned back to Folsom. “That the way you want it?”

The kid nodded wordlessly.

“Okay, that’s it. Don’t come sniffing around anymore. You blew it.”

I thought for a minute Folsom was going to go running after his former friend, but he just ducked his head and fought tears. I drew him a ginger ale and slid it in front of him. “Here’s one on the house.”

“T-thanks.” He grabbed the glass and gulped it like a man dying of thirst.

“You okay?”

“Yeah. Will be, at any rate. Is it all right if I just sit here for a while?”

“Sure.” I paused as if I had a thought. “In fact, you can do me a favor.”

He looked up, his eyes all blurry… tears not alcohol. “What’s that?”

“I get off in about an hour, and I don’t have a car. You can give me a ride home. It’s not far.”

He brightened. “Yeah, sure.”

“ButI need to run an errand first,” I said.

“What’s that?”

“I need to go check on Slick.”

“Who’s Slick?”

“This flea-bitten gelding I’ve got. He’s boarded at a stable a couple of miles down the road. “Think you can take me to see him?”

The kid actually smiled. “Sure. I don’t have any Saturday classes, so it doesn’t matter when I get back to campus tonight… or tomorrow.”

Oh shit, what had I gotten myself into?

****

Folsom led me to a red and white Corvette parked at the back of the lot. Not my favorite ride. Always felt like my butt was about to drag the ground, but it was classy looking. We slid in, roared out of the parking lot, and I got us pointed in the right direction. The stable, a classy joint for “gentlemen” riders was well above my price range, but my boss had negotiated a deal I could live with, so Slick was living in style.

“Where you from,” I asked as we maneuvered the streets.

“Cowtown… Fort Worth.”

“No, I mean originally.”

He nodded. “Fort Worth. Born and raised there.”

“You live at home or on campus?”

“Campus. My dad wanted me to get the ‘full flavor’ of the college experience. If it was up to me, I’d live at home in my own room.”

“Not exactly a mingler, huh?”

He flashed a grin. “You could say that.”

We came to the turnoff, and shortly thereafter, the stable loomed up through the night. The place had a nightwatchman, but I came after hours whenever I had the opportunity, so he just gave me a wave before disappearing around the corner.

The night hadn’t lost the day’s heat, so the air felt good on my chest and bare arms. We walked up to the fence, and I gave a short whistle. Slick poked his head out of an open door and snickered.

“Wow,” Folsom said. “He’s a beauty.”

“Come here, boy,” I called.

The gelding cast a ghostly image moving through the darkness. He put his head over the fence and nipped at my vest collar with his lips. I rubbed his nose and hugged his neck. After a moment, I stepped back.

“Slick, this is Folsom. He’s a good guy, so you can give him a kiss.”

The horse moved forward, lifting his head. Folsom fooled me. He didn’t shrink away, he just stood there and laughed as Slick nuzzled his cheek. I took some sugar cubes from my pocket and held out my hand. The horse transferred his affections to my hand.

“I didn’t know they let the horses run free at night,” Folsom said, standing close by my side.

“Most of them don’t. But this joint is a little out of my price range. My boss got me a deal, but Slick doesn’t have real stall, just a place in the corner of the stable. But he gets to run around in the corral at night. He likes that. When we travel, he likes to graze free while I sack out in my bedroll.”

Aware that Folsom was close, I did what was natural. I reached out and put my arm over his shoulders. He settled in against me. A moment later, his head rested against my cheek.

“I like it that you have a horse and care for him like you do.”

“Slick’s, my man,” I said, turning to give his forehead a kiss. He was a couple of inches shorter than I was and felt good against my side.

A moment later, I felt his hand slide beneath my vest and explore my chest. “I’ve wanted to do that all evening,” he whispered.

“Probably woulda caused a little stir.”

He turned and put his lips where his hand had been. “Ya think? But I wouldn’t have cared.” His next words were muffled because his lips teased my nipple. “You live alone?”

“Yup,” I said.

“Then let’s go.

****

My apartment was a snug one bedroom but probably not the swanky joint Folsom was accustomed to… at least judging from his set of wheels and the gold watch on his left arm or the diamond on his pinkie. But he didn’t come off like a rich kid. Right at the moment, he was a horny kid. So I let him take charge.

He eased me out of my vest and went wild over my torso, spending a good quarter of an hour feeling and tasting every inch before showing any inclination of moving on. When we finally got to the bedroom, I barely had my britches of before he was on his knees feasting on what he wanted.

He barely allowed me any resting time before he demanded I feed it to him in another way. Before the sun came up, Folsom lay sleeping peacefully in the crook of my arm while I lay there wondering how the hell I was gonna last the rest of the weekend and pull my shift too. His last words were that he didn’t have to be back in Fort Worth before Monday morning.

 * * * *

For a guy who’s sworn off boys and rededicated himself to women, Gabacho sure seems to get a lot of boys.

 Wildyr Tales, an anthology of some of my stories, is now out in print form. Hope you’ll check it out.

 My contact information is provided below in case anyone wants to drop me a line:

Website and blog: markwildyr.com

Email: markwildyr@aol.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mark.wildyr

Twitter: @markwildyr

Now my mantra: Keep on reading. Keep on writing. You have something to say, so say it!

See you later.

 

 Mark

 New posts the first and third Thursday of the month at 6:00 a.m., US Mountain time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment