Thursday, April 21, 2022

Gabacho in West Texas (Part 2 of 2 Parts)

 Markwildyr.com, Post #213

 Image Courtesy of Pinterest:

 


The last time, we left Gary Hawthorne, our itinerant cowpoke known as Gabacho, heading back home aboard Slick, his flea-bitten gray gelding. When we last saw him, he was so frustrated he was talking to his horse about his sex life. That’s getting pretty bad, isn’t it?

 He’s vowed to stick to women after three tumbles with men that proved a little more interesting that they should have. Can he stick to his pledge?

 * * * * *

GABACHO IN WEST TEXAS

Two days later things were getting so bad I was getting a hard-on just from rubbing against the saddle every time Slick took a step. Judging from the last road sign I’d seen, I was a good ten miles from the next little town. When I came across a brook rushing beneath a bridge, I took Slick downstream, looking for a good place to camp. It was only mid-afternoon, but I was going to have to do one of those hand-jobs or else I’d shoot off in my britches sooner or later.

Quarter of a mile downstream, I hauled Slick up short at the sound of singing. A pleasant baritone doing a pretty good job with Patsy Cline’s “Crazy.” The guitar strumming was decent too. The voice got stronger as I went down the creek bed, and finally a figure sitting on a big rock at streamside came into view through the trees crowding the waterway. That’s the way you found water in this part of the state… following any line of vegetation taller’n a clump of grass.

The kid heard me coming, and even though he looked to be naked as a jaybird, he didn’t pay me any mind. Slick came to a voluntary halt a dozen feet from the guy, who kept on singing and strumming until he finished the song, a grin tugging at his lips all the while.

I took inventory while he wound down “Crazy.” Probably hadn’t seen his twentieth birthday yet, kinda rangy, curly hair the color of ripe hay in the sunlight and blue-green eyes that made me think of turquoise. The freckles across his nose saved him from being beautiful, rendering him merely cute. And I’d been right. He was naked, although the guitar covered his privates. My manhood took on another couple of inches.

He strummed the last note, and gave me a blinding smile. “Howdy. I’m Sol.”

“Gary,” I responded. “Although everybody calls me Gabacho.”

“Guess you could tag me that way too. It means a fair-skinned Anglo, doesn’t it?”

“Originally used to describe a Frenchman, I think. But now applies to about anybody not Mexican.”

Sol tried to look ashamed but didn’t pull it off. “Sorry for my condition, but I was skinny dipping and felt the need for a song.” He lifted a chin toward me. “I see you’re not too fond of clothes, either.”

I looked down at my bare chest not quite covered by a vest. “When the weather’s right, I never wear a shirt, but I like the vest to keep the sun off my back and shoulders.”

“Looks good on you.”

“Thanks. You live around here?”

He nodded back over his shoulder. “About a mile back that way. Live on a little spread with my folks.”

“How’d you get here?”

“Walked. Sometimes when I’m done with my chores or have a day off, I grab my guitar and walk up the creek. Hop down and rest a spell.”

Mindful of my vow, I declined. “Looking for a camp site for the night.”

“This is a good one, or there’s one about a tenth of a mile down the creek.”

I set my hat firmly on my head, thanked him, and gouged Slick’s sides. He gave an exaggerated grunt to let me know he didn’t like that and started downstream. Sol picked out a new tune and filled the clearing with his melodic voice.

The kid had been right. In a few minutes, I came across this spot where the grass looked as if it had been mowed and the lilacs and violets ringing the place looked like they’d been planted apurpose. The stream had broadened so it slowed a little, giving off only a muted murmur, perfect for sleeping. The trees gave enough shade, so the Texas sun didn’t have much sting. Perfect spot for me and my popup tent, enough grass for Slick’s needs, and good drinking water. Couldn’t ask for much more.

I unsaddled Slick and let him wander over to the creek to slake his thirst. Didn’t bother with the tent, just spread out the saddle blanket and parked my butt on it. I rested my head on the saddle, pulled my hat down over my eyes, and took a listen. Everything was like it oughta be. Birds chirping in the distance. A squirrel fussing at me from a tree until he gave up trying to drive me off. The sound of Slick tearing grass from the turf. The creek gurgling at me in soft, restful tones.

I was beginning to drowse until—dammit—I realized I didn’t hear the kid singing any longer. And that made me think of the kid. And that made me think of his fair flesh hiding all those muscles rolling underneath it. And that made me… horny. Course, in my starved condition, it didn’t take much.

I felt my old thing crawling around in my jeans and tried to ignore it, but I couldn’t. When it was really struggling against the denim trying to get out, I gave up on a nap. Might as well take care of business. That might even make the nap better.

The buttons on my fly gave way without much trouble, and I reached inside. The touch of flesh on flesh felt good. I closed my eyes tight and tried to imagine my horny old hand was a petite gal’s fist fondling my privates. I don’t even remember slipping my britches down, but when I peeped under my hat, they were around my knees, and the hand on my dong wasn’t some cute little gal’s, but my own. Took some of the feeling away, but I’d started and wasn’t in any mood to stop.

Then I heard a branch snap.

I snatched my hat from over my eyes and saw Sol standing at the tree line gawking. He had on his boots, but his clothes were thrown over his shoulder, and his guitar was strapped to his back. He was in the same sorta condition I was.

“You…you need some help with that?” he asked after swallowing a couple of times.

“Naw. I’m okay.”

“Man, you look ready for business. I’ll do a good job for you.”

Oh, what the hell!

“Sure, kid, come on over.”

 * * * *

Well, once again, it looks as if need overcame intentions. Wonder how the kid was? Did Sol keep his promise to “do a good job for you?” If we meet Gabacho again in the future, maybe he’ll let us know.

 JMS Books has contracted to publish an anthology of nineteen of my short stories under the title Wildyr Tales in April of this year.

 My contact information is provided below in case anyone wants to drop me a line:

Website and blog: markwildyr.com

Email: markwildyr@aol.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mark.wildyr

Twitter: @markwildyr

Now my mantra: Keep on reading. Keep on writing. You have something to say, so say it!

See you later.

 

 

Mark

New posts the first and third Thursday of the month at 6:00 a.m., US Mountain time.

No comments:

Post a Comment